Hello! My name is Rober Martín H, and I’m a software developer.
I completed my Master’s degree in computer science at UPV/EHU University of the Basque Country in 2006. Since then, I’ve been working as a software developer for different companies from Donostia/San Sebastián and abroad. In the fall of 2020 I decided to start working as a freelance developer. Drop me a line if you are interested and I’ll send you my résumé.
Through all these years, I have learned how to develop and maintain cost-effective systems using good practices like testing and clean code. When writing software, I try to keep it readable and predictable, always with the business perspective in mind.
From a technical point of view, the last projects I’ve been working on look like this:
- Write the business logic in PHP, isolated from specific infrastructure details.
- Symfony as a thin HTTP layer for the business logic.
- Persist data through an ORM like Doctrine.
- Send/receive events and improve the performance using Redis.
- Cache responses with Varnish.
- Use Webpack to compile and optimize Vue.js components and Sass stylesheets.
- Unit testing with PHPUnit, Mocha.
- Functional testing with Behat, Selenium, Cypress.io.
- Reproducible work environments using Docker.
- Manage code through Git.
- Automate development/deployment process with Continuous Integration (CircleCI, GitHub actions, …).
- Scale using the cloud: EC2, RDS, S3, CloudFront, CloudFlare, …
- And a lot more! Benchmarks, measure code quality, static analysis, code linting…
Software is about people, not about machines. Let’s talk!
You can find me at LinkedIn. You can also contact me at rmhdev(at)gmail.com.
Create placeholder images using simple URLs. Check the live demo.
Minimalistic avatars based on CSS. Check the live demo.
Project that monitors sites, checking uptime and performance. I am building it using a “Domain-Driven design” (DDD) approach. Work in progress!
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.